I have more than thirty years’ experience running my own businesses. I’ve worked in corporate. I’ve worked for government. I’ve worked for academia. And I’ve done it across four continents.
All these experiences, good and bad, have taught me a lot about how people think and how to navigate difficult waters. I don’t always get it right, but I win many more times than I lose. In addition to my skills and experience, I also have several degrees, and one of them is in psychology. I love watching people and I look on each situation like a puzzle that needs to be solved. If you’d like to have someone like that in your corner, consider booking some time with me.
Originally I thought to produce an online video course based on my book, The Dog Ate My Experiment!, but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn’t get beyond my Lesson One plan. I tried putting the course together on five different occasions, and I couldn’t. Then it dawned on me why I was having such trouble. Homeschooling is too personal a journey to be reduced to one cookie-cutter course.
- Would I be able to patiently guide a parent attempting to navigate IGCSE options?
- Could I offer positive advice to a parent facing a setback?
- Could I suggest areas to explore for a child who isn’t sure what s/he wants to do?
- Would I be able to explain what it’s like to begin tertiary study to a parent who never got that chance?
All these are absolutely valid questions for any homeschooling parent to ponder, but there is always something unique in each situation and I didn’t think I’d be doing you any favours by presenting you with a single course, from my perspective, that didn’t take your unique circumstances into account.
So I’m shelving that idea for the time being. And instead I’m offering…me.
What's your peace of mind worth?
I’m not suggesting that you take me on as a permanent retainer (although that would be nice!). But there may be a time when you need a second opinion. That’s where I come in.
I currently offer two options:
- A consultation for 30 minutes for US$30 (via Paypal)
- A consultation for 60 minutes for US$50 (via Paypal)
Time starts with your first question, after we’ve gone through the usual social niceties. 🙂
If you’ve read my book, you’ll know that I try to be as honest as possible and always with your child’s best interests at heart.
- If you need someone to talk your plans over with
- If you need an occasional word of encouragement or advice
- If you need clarification on exams and exam strategies
- If you need extra advice on IGCSEs, A-levels, Foundation years or how to approach universities
drop me a line and let’s have a discussion.
I could really use some advice!
You're available, right?